A message to my e-mail subscribers.

As I mentioned in my last post, Google's Feedburner service will no longer be sending automated e-mails to my subscribers (all four of them) to let you know when I've posted a new Mental Note.

The next day someone named Karolina added a comment suggesting I try switching to Follow.it to replace the Feedburner service. Normally I might have dismissed this suggestion as spam, but since I had few other leads I checked it out. Online reviews indicated Follow.it is a reputable company based in Oregon, and their basic free plan is widely regarded as a superior replacement for Feedburner.

So here we are. If you came to this post via e-mail then your subscription has been successfully transferred to the new service. I'm still new to the Follow.it system, but as far as I understand it you should not have to do anything further to continue receiving notices of new Mental Notes, rare as they may be these days. You may, however, have the opportunity to change your preferences as to how you wish to be informed of new Mental Notes. You can also unsubscribe at any time, though I do hope you'll stay with me.

The good news is that there will be no interruptions in service, which I thought was a real possibility just a week ago. Thanks to Karolina for stalking this blog so I could seamlessly make the switch.

If you are not yet a subscriber and want to become one there's a simple sign-up form on the left-hand menu bar. If you don't see it click on the "hamburger menu" (the three horizontal lines) at the top left corner of my home page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Political Puzzles

Things I've learned

Oh, Nikki, you're better at math than that.