I have moved!

Well, folks, as I noted in my old Mental Notes page on AOL Journals, big changes have occurred at the Toy Box. A few days ago I moved the Monterey Peninsula Toy Box away from the free AOL Hometown hosting service to a more formal service that costs just pennies a day to maintain. The service I chose is InMotion Hosting, which from extensive research indicated reliable customer service. And with their 90 day money back guarantee I don't feel I'm taking too big a gamble on the move.

If you've gotten this far you may have noticed I have started placing banner ads in the Toy Box. AOL was doing this anyway, so I figured I should get a piece of the pie and have more control over the ad content. Most of the banners thus far are in my visitors guide. I have become an affiliate with Expedia, Best Western and the National Geographic Store, which I feel would be of interest to my readers. If you click those banners and make a purchase you will help support the Toy Box and all of its delightful free content.

I have also moved this journal from AOL's blog to Google's Blogger, primarily because Google provides much more elegant looking templates and a much larger variety of formatting options. No other reason, really, for otherwise AOL's Journals worked just fine. They're just darned UGLY!

However, I don't want you to miss out on the fine (?) content of my old journal, so a link is provided in the sidebar under Related Sites.

You may see the format of this new Mental notes journal change from time to time as I look for the best layout and design. So don't be alarmed if things look different on your next visit.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Political Puzzles

Things I've learned

Oh, Nikki, you're better at math than that.