It's garbage, man!

I walked outside a little while ago to place some additional garbage into our cans at the curb. I discovered that some delinquent individuals had dumped two of our neighbors' garbage cans into the street. I don't know why ours were not dumped, too, but I'm grateful for small favors.

I didn't want the neighbors to discover the mess as they were rushing off to work in the morning, so I went out with some gloves and proceeded to put the garbage back in the cans. Interestingly, the offenders only dumped the recycling cans and not the ones containing garbage. Perhaps someone was looking for aluminum cans to cash in, but usually such people are more discreet.

One thing I learned about our two neighbors, neither of them have a clue about what is recyclable and what isn't.

What is:
  • Tin cans
  • Aluminum cans
  • Glass bottles and containers
  • Plastic bottles and containers
  • Paper including magazines
  • Cardboard
What isn't:
  • Plastic bags
  • Used Q-Tips
  • Video tapes
So in addition to helping my neighbors, I helped the garbage company by properly sorting their recyclables.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Political Puzzles

Things I've learned

Oh, Nikki, you're better at math than that.