Tiffany

"So often we rob tomorrow's memories by today's economies."
-John Mason Brown

With a carefree smile
Framed by straight brown hair
A sparkle in her eye
As she passed on the stair
It made me feel warm
Every time she was there.

It all was strictly business
In the workplace you know
Leaving much about each other
That we never get to show
Feelings just get buried
Gotta go with the flow.

We’d put our heads together
And we’d get the job done
Sometimes she’d say “I love you”
It was only in fun
Our friendship got a start
But it never got to run.

Then  one day she was leaving
A career move she said
She needed it of course
Got to go where life led
A chance to get away
And to keep her soul fed.

On the steps that final day
Her eyes looked a little sad
I wanted to say something
But expression could be bad
The talk was mostly business
It was all we really had.

I gave a little parting gift
The card I made was dealt
She read the sincere sentiment
And then her heart could melt
We hugged, I  made a comment
To hint at how I felt.

It wasn’t about romance
Just friendship I’ll allow
For three years she had touched my heart
Though still I'm not sure how
I hadn't really known it then
But I sure know it now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Political Puzzles

Oh, Nikki, you're better at math than that.

Why I'm suspending donations to KDFC