Safeway.com, Part II

Awhile back I wrote about a fruitless experience on Safeway.com. I am happy to report that they've gotten the bugs out, pretty much.

We needed stuff, and we were just too tired and too busy to go to the store. Safeway.com tempted us with a coupon for $15 off $75 or more if we tried again, so I bit.

It worked! First I checked the milk, in the size and quality we usually get, because that's what they didn't have last time. They had it. So happily I went through the list and made an order.

I ordered ice cream, frozen veggies, hamburger, cookies, cereal, soup, and lots more. All at the same prices as the store, mostly items on sale. They even had our personal favorite products lined up on-line for easy selection, from information gleaned from years of using our Club Card. (Big Brother is here and it turns out that he is actually more useful than threatening, so far.) The time spend wandering virtual aisles was about the same as going through the actual store, this first time anyway, but I at least I could do it sitting down with bare feet.

I selected a delivery window of 12:00pm-2:00pm today. The driver showed up at 12:03, with a stack of blue bins on the front porch. He was a friendly, clean-cut young man with excellent communication skills. He explained that a couple of items were out of stock, but other than that, no worries. He then brought the goods into the kitchen. They were in standard plastic grocery bags, too many of them really, as some only contained one small item each. This probably had something to do with their sorting system, I guess.

Only one slight complaint. After he left and I was putting away the canned goods, I noticed a can of pears was pretty bashed in on one side. I never buy dented cans.

But all in all, it was a great experience, and I would do it again if pressed for time, which is often. But I'll do a more complete inventory of the kitchen first. Turns out we needed lettuce, and it wasn't on the shopping list. I'll have to stop by the store again in a day or two anyway. Oh well.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Political Puzzles

Oh, Nikki, you're better at math than that.

Why I'm suspending donations to KDFC