A visit to Carmel Point

Today on my way home from work, I took a walk around Carmel Point. I haven't had a chance to do that for a long time.

I noticed some whale spouts in the distance. Probably a Blue Whale, which are known to inhabit these waters this time of year.

When I got to the southwest corner of the point, I looked out on my favorite view in the whole wide world. The waves today were quite large and spectacular. They washed up on the crescent beach to form a foamy fan.

This place has always had a special draw for me, something transcendent. I can't describe how it affects me, but whenever I'm here, all is right with the world.

I climbed down to the rocks for a closer look at the ocean. As I watched the waves come in I suddenly became consciously aware of the almighty Spirit behind them. Every drop of water I saw as a spiritual idea, all coordinated in a beautiful thing called a wave. Suddenly everything felt alive, and I felt I was part of this glorious wonder, and it was part of me.

After several minutes I turned around to head back along the beach. I looked back up at Scenic Road, at the sharp bend where it turns east. I saw there an attractive couple. He had curly greying hair, she had long golden hair topped with a straw hat, brightly lit by the early evening sun. The two were standing, embraced in a passionate, lingering kiss, right there on the road. They were a beacon of pure Love illuminating this sacred place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Political Puzzles

Things I've learned

Oh, Nikki, you're better at math than that.