My Favorite Customer

Many years ago when I was working in the hardware department at Brinton's in Carmel, I was approached by a customer. He was a rather frantic looking fellow, a yuppie type, who was asking about doormats. He said his decorator told him to get one made of some material I had never heard of.

I showed him our selection, which was fairly large and diverse, and made a few suggestions. Throughout our discussion he kept asking me if his decorator would approve of this one or that. After about the fourth time I said "The important thing is to get something you can be happy with."

He looked up at me and said "Really?" 

I nodded.

He then looked at the mat in front of him, decided it was acceptable, and took it to the cashier.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Political Puzzles

Things I've learned

Oh, Nikki, you're better at math than that.